The POP series or RANGE has Features and Marker tracking modes. With Feature tracking, you can scan General objects, Dark objects, and Body.
For MINI, there are Feature and Marker tracking modes as well. However, with Feature tracking, you can scan General objects and Dark Objects Except Body since MINI is designed for small objects.
For each tracking mode, there are some video tutorials.
- Features Tracking
- Marker Tracking
Features Tracking (General objects): Designed to scan objects with unique shapes such as sculptures and easily-identifiable features.
Features Tracking (Dark objects): Designed to scan objects with darker surfaces, such as black or dark gray clothes, black boxes, dark hair, etc. However, not all dark objects can be successfully scanned. One example would be black leather shoes because leather absorbs light (or they are so shiny that they reflect too much light). The exposure and gain are set accordingly (no Automatic exposure adjustment).
Features Tracking (Body): Designed to scan a human body/figure or larger objects or car parts from a greater distance than is used for the other modes.
- RANGE - Body Scan with a large turntable 1
- RANGE - Body Scan with a large turntable 2
- RANGE - Body Scan without a large turntable
- RANGE - Sofa Scan 1
- RANGE - Sofa Scan 2
- RANGE - Bumper Scan
Marker Tracking: Designed to scan objects that have large, smooth areas or regularly-repeating features that could fool the POP’s internal pattern recognition capabilities. Flat panels like a board or symmetrical objects like balls or bowls are usually suitable to scan with this mode. Place tracking markers irregularly on or around the objects. Remember to distribute the markers so they do not have repeating patterns because the scanner determines the relative location of each frame of point cloud data by identifying the unique patterns formed by the markers. Plan ahead to keep six or more markers in view for each frame during the scanning process.
- RANGE - Black tire scan - An innovative way to scan symmetrical objects
- RANGE - Lamp stand scan - An innovative way to scan symmetrical objects
- RANGE - Box scan - An innovative way to scan symmetrical objects
- RANGE - Shoe scan - An innovative way to scan symmetrical objects
- RANGE - RC Truck Scan - An innovative way to scan symmetrical objects